As part of the graduation registration process in Student Connect, students who select to attend their ceremony will be directed to the GFP Graduations portal to order their academic dress and provide size details. GFP is our official academic dress and professional graduation photography supplier.
Academic dress orders must be submitted before the graduation registration deadline. You will collect your academic dress on the day of the ceremony.
Your graduation ceremony is a formal celebration of your achievement and we encourage you to dress appropriately.
- Wear an appropriate seasonal outfit, keeping in mind the weather on the day and that the gowns are quite warm.
- The hoods worn by Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral graduands can often be difficult to hold in place. Most hoods have a loop that can be slipped over a button on a buttoned shirt to assist with holding it in place.
- Graduation day involves a considerable amount of walking and standing, as well as negotiating stairs, so wearing very high heels can be problematic.
- Choose a simple hairstyle that allows you to wear your mortar board or bonnet comfortably.
- The length of the gown is below the knee so female graduands that wear knee length dresses or shorter will often appear to the audience as though they are only wearing the gown.
Attire that is not suitable includes:
- Thongs (and similar footwear)
|Faculty of Education and Arts||Malachite Green|
|Faculty of Health Sciences||Spectrum Orange|
|Faculty of Law and Business||Burgundy|
|Faculty of Theology & Philosophy||Purple|
|Degree||Gown||Hood or Stole||Mortar Board or Bonnet|
|Non-Award Certificate or Diploma||Black Oxford Bachelor's pattern||Not applicable||Black mortar board|
|Bachelor||Black Oxford Bachelor's pattern||Hood, black Oxford pattern, lined with Faculty colour||Black mortar board|
|Diploma, Associate Degrees, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate||Black, Oxford Bachelor's pattern||Stole, in Faculty colour||Black mortar board|
|Graduate Certificate in Higher Education||Black, Oxford Bachelor's pattern||Scarlet stole||Black mortar board|
|Masters||Black, Oxford Master's pattern||Hood, black Oxford pattern, lined and edged (10mm) with Faculty colour||Black mortar board|
|Master of Philosophy||Black, Oxford Master's pattern||Blue, Oxford pattern, lined edged 10mm with Scarlet||Black mortar board|
|Doctor of Psychology||Black, Cambridge Master's pattern faced 10cm with Faculty colour||Hood, black Cambridge pattern lined edged 10mm with Faculty colour||Bonnet, black with scarlet cord and tassel|
|Doctor of Education||Black, Cambridge Master's pattern faced 10cm with Faculty colour||Hood, black Cambridge pattern lined edged 10mm with Faculty colour||Bonnet, black with scarlet cord and tassel|
|Doctor of Philosophy||Blue, Cambridge Master's pattern faced 10cm with Scarlet||Hood, blue Cambridge pattern lined and edged 10mm with Scarlet||Bonnet, black with scarlet cord and tassel|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Social and Political Thought||Blue, Cambridge Master's pattern faced 10cm with Scarlet||Hood, blue Cambridge pattern lined and edged 10mm with Scarlet||Bonnet, black with scarlet cord and tassel|
If you have an enquiry about purchasing ACU academic regalia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 2017-08-21
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1120982