What can I study?

Postgraduate study can involve either research or coursework programs.

Research degrees

Research degrees allow you to focus on a field of your choice. Research students usually do not attend lectures or tutorials – instead, they conduct independent research activities and are supervised by a senior academic. You can find out more about research degrees in our research section.

Coursework degrees

Coursework degrees are structured similarly to undergraduate degrees and involve going to lectures and tutorials. Some students may also be able to undertake a small research project.

There are three levels of postgraduate coursework study:

  • Graduate Certificate – usually 4 units
  • Graduate Diploma  – usually 8 units
  • Masters – 12/16 units.

Course browser

You can search for postgraduate coursework degrees in our course browser below. Just enter your interests or career path and we’ll show you the most appropriate courses available. You never know – you may find degrees you never even thought of.

Contact us

For further information, you can contact us on 1300 ASK ACU (1300 275 228) or by emailing us.

You can also register your interest in a course.