About this scholarship
Initiated in 2012, the Thomas More Law School Academic Excellence Scholarship reflects ACU's commitment to academic excellence in the undergraduate law program. This prestigious scholarship is valued at $20,000.
- Open: Monday, 24 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $20,000 to be paid as one instalment per semester for the duration of your course.
- $2,500 per semester for a four year program
- $2,000 per semester for a five year program
- There are two scholarships available.
- One scholarship is available to students from the North Sydney and/or Strathfield campuses and one scholarship is available to students from the Melbourne campus.
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Law and Business
- Course: any ACU undergraduate Law degree
- Campus: North Sydney, Strathfield or Melbourne
- Year level: First year
- Applied through VTAC or UAC for an undergraduate Law course
- Students are only eligible to receive the Scholarship once during their studies at ACU
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of 500 words, outlining why the applicant wishes to undertake an ACU law degree
- For current Year 12 applicants – one written academic reference and one written personal reference (community engagement, religious or professional)
- For non-school leaver applicants – two written personal references (community engagement, religious or professional).
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic ability (ACU will access ATAR rankings after Year 12 results are released)
- Written statement
- Written references
- The course is the applicant's highest eligible preference at the time of offer
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with a selection committee appointed by the Dean.
- To remain eligible for scholarship payments, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- A minimum grade point average of at least 5.0 each semester.
- A full-time study load in the program under which they received the scholarship.
- Exceptional circumstances may be taken into consideration if ongoing eligibility requirements are not met.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-12-05
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/449816