About this scholarship
Established in 2016, based on the foundational principles it is the desire of St John of God Health Care NSW Services to support ACU’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing students through a scholarship. The St John of God Health Care (SJGHC) Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) expresses the desire to work collaboratively and respectfully with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the process of Reconciliation. Central to this is the goal of engaging in a manner that provides a range of services and opportunities to foster career opportunities within the health sector.
- Open: Monday, 4 September 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $30,000, to be paid as $10,000 per annum for a maximum of three years.
- There is one scholarship available.
- In addition, the Scholarship recipient will be offered paid work as an Assistant in Nursing (AIN) in the second year of the Scholarship. This would consist of a minimum of two shifts per fortnight during the University term or as per hospital requirements at one of the three SJGHC sites. SJGHC will be supportive of the preference/location of the recipient where possible.
Commencing and Current
- Citizenship: Australian citizens
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing
- Campus: North Sydney
- Year level: First or second year
- Required study load: Full time
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 400 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree?
- What do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- How will obtaining your degree allow you to give back to your community?
- Evidence of ATAR or GPA
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Interview (if shortlisted)
The applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the Selection Committee, comprising of one representative each from the School of Nursing, First Peoples and Equity Pathways and St John of God Health Care NSW.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-11-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1100135