About this scholarship
Established in 2000 by St John of God Health Care (Ballarat) to celebrate the contribution of Sister Assumption Neary who, in various roles, has provided health care in the Ballarat community since 1959. This scholarship provides support to students who have faced hardship, or disadvantage in accessing higher education, whether because of their race or background, disabilities, or regional location.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Sunday, 5 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degrees)
- Campus: Ballarat
- Year level: First year
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education and how your degree will change your future.
- Provide evidence of the hardship and barriers you have faced as stated in your written statement.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Special need or disadvantage
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor and a representative of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine, Ballarat Campus.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
For the purposes of this scholarship, if your application is submitted on the basis of being from a regional location, this must be more than 150km from Ballarat, and officially classed as a regional or remote area.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-11-24
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/338343