About the scholarship
Rotary District 9780 is a community service organisation and member of Rotary International, a global community of more than 1.2 million men and women dedicated to building a better world. The Rotary District 9780 Ballarat Scholarship was granted in 2015 to help rural and regional Victorians who are engaged in their local community to assist them to access tertiary education at Australian Catholic University’s Ballarat campus.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
There are two scholarships available; One scholarship is available to students enrolled in either the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Paramedicine or the Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine and one scholarship is available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
Commencing and Current
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Paramedicine, Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine or the Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Campus: Ballarat
- Year level: First, second or third year
- Required study load: full-time
- From a rural or regional area of Victoria
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 - 800 words outlining:
- How do you engage with your local community and how does this reflect the Mission and values of ACU?
- Tell us about the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change your future.
- Written reference (community engagement)
- Written reference (professional or academic)
- Resume (include educational background, employment, volunteer work, academic achievements)
- Evidence of ATAR or GPA
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written references
- Academic merit
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and recipients selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Campus Dean, the Head of School of the School of Nursing, Midwifery, and Paramedicine (or nominee), the Head of School of the School of Physiotherapy (or nominee), and a representative from Rotary District 9780.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-12-20
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/784988