About this scholarship
Established in 2016 by Rapin Quinn (née Eiamlapa) for the purpose of assisting students or visiting fellows who are interested in and working on ‘Theravada Buddhism in Thailand’
- Open: CLOSED
- Close: CLOSED
One scholarship valued at $2,500 is available, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Domestic students, Thai students
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- Investigating Theravada Buddhism, its current changes, practices and impacts on Thai society
Visiting fellows (of any citizenship), affiliated with ACU, are also welcome to apply for this scholarship if they meet the rest of the criteria.
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of at least 500 words outlining:
- how the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying or conducting research;
- how the research’s key findings are to be used to tackle social problems in a balancing and mature manner that brings social cohesion and harmony to Thai society as a whole; and
- how the intended program of study would potentially enhance the mutual understanding of the subject under study between Australia and Thailand.
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR Centrelink Income Statement OR the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
Visiting fellows are also asked to include examples of evidence-based merit (eg publications) with their resumé
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- Recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office in consultation with ACU’s Interreligious Dialogue Network.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in the Faculty of Theology and Philosophy. If a suitable recipient is not found then the Scholarship will be offered to an eligible applicant enrolled in another Faculty.
- Recipients are required to present research findings at an ACU forum (e.g. The Faculty Seminar Series).
- Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for Rapin Quinn explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2017.
Applications are closed
Page last updated: 2017-11-13
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1100141