About this scholarship
The Mater Hospital Sydney has been providing compassionate health care for over 100 years. The Mater is a facility of St Vincent’s Health Australia, the largest not-for profit healthcare provider in Australia. This Scholarship was established in 2016 to create opportunities for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students studying at the North Sydney campus to pursue studies in Nursing.
- Open: Wednesday, 20 September 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
- One scholarship is available, valued at $21,000 in total. The scholarship will be paid as one
- $7,000 instalment per annum for a maximum of three years.
- In addition, the Scholarship recipient may be considered to be placed in the Mater Hospital Graduate Nursing Program after the completion of their third year if they meet the program criteria and are willing to work at the Mater Hospital.
- Citizenship: Australian
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing and/or Bachelor of Nursing/Business dual degree
- Campus: North Sydney
- Year level: First or second year
- Required study load: Full time
- Demonstrate financial hardship
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- commitment to the Nursing profession and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander healthcare overall
- how the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR Centrelink Income Statement OR the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Financial need
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the Selection Committee, comprising of one representative each from the School of Nursing, First Peoples and Equity Pathways and the Mater Hospital Sydney.
- The recipient of the Scholarship must complete a clinical placement at the Mater Hospital Sydney during the second or third year of their course.
- Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2017.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-11-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1106452