About this scholarship
Established in 2009 to commemorate the life of Mr Laurie Daniels, a founding member of the University Senate, an active supporter of ACU and a lifelong advocate of Catholic education.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
The scholarship is valued at $2,000 per annum, paid annually for the second and third year of your course.
There is one scholarship available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Domestic students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degrees)
- Campus: Canberra
- Year level: Second year
- Required study load: Full-time
- Minimum GPA: Current GPA of 5.0 on the ACU seven point scale
- Contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree? And what do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- How do you engage with your community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- Academic transcript
- Written reference (professional) outlining commitment to the nursing profession
- Evidence of your contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Written reference
- Community service
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-11-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/338302