About this scholarship
Established by public appeal in 2006, in honour of Archbishop Francis Carroll's contribution to the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn, on the occasion of his retirement as Archbishop.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
Commencing and Current
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU degree
- Campus: Canberra
- Students who have relocated from rural or regional areas of the Archdiocese of Canberra/Goulburn or the Diocese of Wagga Wagga.
- Contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Evidence of ATAR ranking or equivalent
- Evidence of the applicant's contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
- A written statement of approximately 100 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree? And what do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Evidence relocation, including:
- Proof of residence in rural/regional area of the Archdiocese of Canberra/Goulburn or the Diocese of Wagga Wagga
- Proof of new residential address.
- Written reference (academic).
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Community service
- Written statement
- Evidence of relocation
- Written reference
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-11-30
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/338278