About this scholarship
Established in 2015 to contribute to the development of Indigenous primary school teachers formed in the Catholic tradition, in memory of Ms Fernanda de Carvalho.
- Open: CLOSED
- Close: CLOSED
One scholarship valued at $5,000 is available, paid in two instalments - one before placement and the second after the completion of all course requirements.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Course: enrolled in the Bachelor of Education
- Campus: undertaking a practicum placement at Redfern Jarjum College in NSW
- Year level: Final year of their course
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how your program of study would potentially benefit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- what you hope to gain from your practicum placement at Redfern Jarjum College
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the Selection Committee, comprising of a representative of the de Carvalho family, the Head of School of Education, and a representative from Redfern Jarjum College.
Recipients will be required to write and present a report of their practicum experience at Redfern Jarjum College to the third year education students at ACU.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Applications are closed
Page last updated: 2017-11-08
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/802004