About this scholarship
Established in 2014, the ACU National Student Choir and ACU Campus Student Choirs have been created to give students opportunities in performing and developing their musical skills and experience, with a strong focus on liturgical and sacred music.
The St Cecilia Choir Scholarship has been established to recognise the commitment required by ACU students to participate in the ACU National Student Choir and their ACU Campus Student Choir.
The ACU Student Choir is funded through the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
- Open: Saturday, 1 April 2017
- Close: Friday, 22 April 2022
There are two types of scholarships on offer to ACU Student Choir members:
- $500 Emerging Chorister Scholarship; this is for new ACU Student Choir Members. Emerging Choristers will receive:
- $250 upon the successful completion of Semester 1.
- $250 upon the successful completion of Semester 2.
- $1000 Established Chorister Scholarship; this is for continuing ACU Student Choir Members. Established Choristers will receive:
- $500 upon the successful completion of Semester 1.
- $500 upon the successful completion of semester 2.
Applicants who undertake only one semester in the ACU Student Choir will receive 50% of their scholarship payments for the year.
- This scholarship is open to all students who plan to audition for the ACU Student Choir.
- ACU students who are employed by the University in an ongoing capacity are not eligible for the scholarship.
To apply for a Saint Cecilia Choir Scholarship contact Leadership and Culture Coordinator, Monica Bordignon who will provide the necessary information and the next round of audition dates - firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be assessed for the scholarship at the same time as you audition for the choir. Auditions will be held at the commencement of each semester. Following auditions, the Campus Choir Director will submit recommendations to the Leadership and Culture Coordinator, for approval by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching).
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of vocal quality, sight reading ability and on your commitment to the choir.
Recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Attendance of at least 90% of rehearsals (except due to extenuating circumstances).
- Ongoing home study and practice.
- Participation in 90% of ACU Student Choir performances and activities (except due to extenuating circumstances, including prac/placement requirements).
Apply online now
Applications close on 22 April 2022
Page last updated: 2017-11-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1213960