About this grant
In 2014, the Australian Catholic University National Student Association (ACUNSA) established the Student Travel and Training Grant (STTG) in conjunction with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching) to assist students with the associated costs of attending conferences, humanitarian activities, undertaking practicums or other further student travel and/or training that supports the studies of ACU students.
- Open: Friday, 1 September 2017
- Close: Friday, 27 October 2017
50 grants are available, valued at $500, and paid in one lump sum.
This grant is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic and international student
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: any
- Required study load: Current study load of at least 1 coursework unit
- Undertaking a conference, humanitarian activity, practicum, or other student training. The activity must be undertaken within 6 months before or after the application closing date.
- Applicants must not be receiving any other ACU scholarship, grant or bursary related to the travel or training identified in this application
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining what you hope to gain from your chosen activity
- Evidence of completion or intent to complete the chosen activity
- Budget of estimated expenses relating to your chosen activity
- Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference will be given to students who have not received any other ACU scholarship, grant or bursary related to travel and training identified in this application.
The recipients will be determined by a selection committee consisting of at least five representative ACUNSA members or nominees including any of the following: ACUNSA President, the Campus Student Association Presidents, and the International Student representative.
- Members of ACUNSA or any Campus Student Association Management Committee must withdraw from the selection committee to apply.
- Recipients are requested to submit a letter of approximately 250 words outlining how the Grant has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the ACUNSA President no later than 1 month after the travel or training has been undertaken.
- Students are only eligible to receive the Grant once during their studies at ACU.
Applications are closed
Page last updated: 2017-11-08
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1100160