Veolia Mulwaree Trust Scholarships
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust was established in 2003 to manage and distribute funds for charitable purposes and community projects, which benefit communities within or surrounding the former Mulwaree Shire Council area. Veolia Environmental Services provide the Trusts funding.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust Scholarships were established in 2015 to financially support students studying at ACU’s Canberra campus.
Two scholarships valued at $3000 each, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Studying at the Canberra campus
- Full time students
- First, second or third year students
- Have completed their secondary schooling, or currently reside in one of the Local Government Areas covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust.
The following documentation must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200–300 words outlining:
- how the scholarship could financially support you whilst studying
- any community activities or volunteer work you have undertaken.
- Evidence of long–term residence in any Local Government Area covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Evidence of geographical location
- Preference will be given to first year students.
Recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
For the purpose of these rules, the Local Government Areas covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust include: Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Palerang Council, Shoalhaven City Council, Oberon Council, Wingecarribee Shire Council, Upper Lachlan Shire Council and Wollondilly Shire Council.