Thomas More Law School Academic Excellence Scholarship
Initiated in 2012, the Thomas More Law School Academic Excellence Scholarship reflects ACU's commitment to academic excellence in the undergraduate law program. This prestigious scholarship is valued at $20,000.
Two scholarships, valued at $20,000 each, are available. The scholarships are paid as one instalment per semester for the duration of the course.
- $2,500 per semester for a four year program
- $2,000 per semester for a five year program
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens or holders of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa or Permanent Residency Visa
- Applied through VTAC or UAC for an undergraduate Law course.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of 500 words, outlining why the applicant wishes to undertake an ACU law degree
- For current Year 12 applicants – one written academic reference and one written personal reference (community engagement, religious or professional)
- For non-school leaver applicants – two written personal references (community engagement, religious or professional).
Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic ability (ACU will access ATAR rankings after Year 12 results are released)
- Written statement
- Written references
- The course is the applicant's highest eligible preference at the time of offer
- Interview – Applicants must be available for an interview on 16 December 2016.
The recipients will be selected by the Dean of Law and/or a selection committee appointed by the Dean.
To remain eligible for scholarship payments, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- A minimum grade point average of at least 5.0 each semester.
- A full-time study load in the program under which they received the scholarship.
Exceptional circumstances may be taken into consideration if ongoing eligibility requirements are not met.
One scholarship is available to students from the North Sydney and/or Strathfield campuses and one scholarship is available to students from the Melbourne campus.
Students are only eligible to receive the Scholarship once during their studies at ACU.