Sue Mitchell Nursing Scholarship
Established in 2008 by Mr John Mitchell in memory of his late wife Sue who passed away after a brave battle with cancer. John and Sue are both descendants of distinguished Snowy Mountains’ families and are long-term residents of the region. Sue trained and worked as a nurse in the region around Corryong, Victoria.
One scholarship valued at $1,000 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Studying at the Canberra campus
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degree)
- In their first, second or third year of course
- From rural or regional areas
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the Scholarship could financially support the applicant's intended program of study;
- any community activities the applicant has undertaken which demonstrate their commitment to the ethos and mission of ACU
- Evidence of ATAR ranking or equivalent (first year students) or academic transcript (second and third year students)
- Evidence of financial and geographic disadvantage
- Evidence of the applicant's contribution to, and/or leadership in, his/her commitment to the ethos of ACU through community service
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Financial and geographic disadvantage
- Community service
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.