About this scholarship
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne has been providing compassionate health care for more than 75 years. This Scholarship was established in 2010 to create opportunities for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students studying at the Melbourne or Ballarat campus to pursue studies in nursing. Recipients are given the opportunity to complete their graduate year at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne.
Open: 29 May 2017
Close: 4 August 2017
One scholarship valued at up to $15,000 is available each year, paid as one instalment per semester for the minimum duration of the course.
- $2,500 per semester for a three year program
- $1,875 per semester for a four year program
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Faculty/course/campus requirements:
- Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Midwifery or Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Melbourne or Ballarat campus
- Successfully completed a previous placement
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- commitment to the nursing and/or midwifery and/or paramedic profession and Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander healthcare overall;
- leadership experience, community and family service activities;
- personal career aspirations; and how the Scholarship could financially support the applicant's program of study
- Evidence of academic merit
- One clinical placement appraisal from a successfully completed placement
- One written reference which addresses the above selection criteria
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Clinical placement appraisal
- Written reference
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate, and recipients selected by the donor.
The selection will be made by a committee comprising a representative of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine - VIC, the Coordinator of Jim-Baa-yer Indigenous Unit and Director, HR and Workforce, St Vincent’s Private Melbourne (or nominee).
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the committee.
An interview with the selected recipient will be necessary before acceptance into the graduate year at St Vincent’s Private Hospital.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2017.
Apply online now
Applications close on 4 August 2017
Page last updated: 2017-05-25
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/599559