School of Education NSW/ACT - Canberra Campus - CIT Teaching Scholarship
Established in 2016, the School of Education NSW/ACT - Canberra Campus - CIT Teaching Scholarship is intended to assist students enrolled in Primary or Early Childhood Education at ACU’s Canberra campus and who have studied at our partner institution Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT).
Two scholarships valued at $5,000 each are available. The scholarships are paid as one instalment per semester for a maximum of two years.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Studied Early Childhood Studies at CIT.
- Studying at the Canberra campus
- Full-time students
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Education (Primary) or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- In the first year of their course
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- Commitment to the Mission and values of ACU
- Personal career aspiration in the field of Education
- Evidence of your contribution to community service and social justice
- Academic transcript (CIT)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and social justice
- Academic merit
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October each year.