Rotary District 9780 Ballarat Scholarship
Rotary District 9780 is a community service organisation and member of Rotary International, a global community of more than 1.2 million men and women dedicated to building a better world. The Rotary District 9780 Ballarat Scholarship was granted in 2015 to help rural and regional Victorians who are engaged in their local community to assist them to access tertiary education at Australian Catholic University’s Ballarat campus.
Two scholarships valued at $5,000 each, paid in one lump sum.
One scholarship is available to students enrolled in either the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Paramedicine or the Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine and one scholarship is available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
- Commencing students
- Current students
- Australian citizens
- New Zealand citizens
- Australian Permanent residents
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Studying at the Ballarat campus
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Paramedicine, Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine or the Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- In the first, second or third year of their course
- Undergraduate students
- Full-time students
- From a rural or regional area of Victoria
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form.
You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 - 800 words outlining:
- commitment to the Mission and values of ACU
- commitment to community engagement in your local area
- how the Scholarship will assist you as a rural or regional student to fulfil your commitment to the ethos of the University
- how the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying.
- Written reference (community engagement)
- Written reference (professional or academic)
- Resume (include educational background, employment, volunteer work, academic achievements)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written references
- Academic merit
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and recipients selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Campus Dean, the Head of School of the School of Nursing, Midwifery, and Paramedicine (or nominee), the Head of School of the School of Physiotherapy (or nominee), and a representative from Rotary District 9780.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for Rotary District 9780 Ballarat, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.