QIEC Super Scholarship
Established in 2010 the QIEC Super Scholarship aims to provide financial support to enable students enrolled in the School of Education teacher programs (at ACU) to experience a rural and or remote Queensland education setting. QIEC Super supports rural and remote communities through provision of student teachers, providing a unique professional development experience for students and encourages graduating students to consider working in rural and remote education settings in QLD.
- Have not previously received this scholarship
- Studying at the Brisbane campus
- Enrolled in the Faculty of Education and Arts
- Have successfully completed at least one practicum placement
- Living 100km from their placement
- A written statement of approximately 400 words outlining:
- the success of the previously completed practicum placement (200 words);
- how a rural, regional or remote school could benefit the applicant’s learning and practice as a future teacher (200 words).
- Academic transcript
- A copy of previous practicum experience report
- Evidence of enrolment / acceptance for a four week or longer practicum placement in a rural, regional or remote area based in Queensland consistent with QIEC Super’s business reach (grid)
- Evidence of residence (at least 100km from placement)
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Practicum experience report
- Evidence of placement in rural, regional or remote Queensland
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
The placement must be at least 20km from any of the following cities/regions: Brisbane (Capital), Bundaberg, Cairns, Gladstone, Gympie, Gold Coast, Hervey Bay, Ipswich, Logan City, Mackay, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Townsville. The remoteness of the placement will be taken into account. For more information regarding your placement please contact the Placement Officer, School of Education Qld.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017