Phayon-Thonghau Eiamlapa Scholarship
Established in 2016 by Rapin Quinn (née Eiamlapa) for the purpose of assisting students or visiting fellows who are interested in and/or working on ‘Theravada Buddhism in Thailand’
One scholarship valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, Thai students studying at, or visiting fellows affiliated with ACU
- Undergraduate, Honours, postgraduate students or visiting fellows
- Investigating Theravada Buddhism, its current changes, practices and impacts on Thai society.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of at least 500 words outlining:
- how the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying or conducting research;
- how the research’s key findings are to be used to tackle social problems in a balancing and mature manner that brings social cohesion and harmony to Thai society as a whole; and
- how the intended program of study would potentially enhance the mutual understanding of the subject under study between Australia and Thailand.
- Evidence of financial need
- Academic transcript (current) or evidence-based merit (eg publications for a visiting fellow)
Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Financial need
- Academic merit
Recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office in consultation with ACU’s Interreligious Dialogue Network.
- Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation to the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarship Office no later than 1 October of each year.
- Recipients are required to present research findings at an ACU forum (eg The Faculty Seminar Series).
Preference will be given to students enrolled in the Faculty of Theology and Philosophy. If a suitable recipient is not found then the Scholarship will be offered to an eligible applicant enrolled in another Faculty.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017