Nano Nagle Scholarship
Established by the Presentation Sisters, Queensland Congregation, to commemorate and honour the work of their founder Nano Nagle. Members of the Order have become aware of the injustices perpetrated against the traditional owners of the land and therefore have begun to be involved in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation process and to appreciate, and learn from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander spirituality, culture and history. The specific goal of these scholarships is to encourage the development of leadership skills of emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders through professional preparation during their studies.
One scholarship valued at $2,500 per annum is available each year, paid as one instalment each semester for the duration of the recipient's course.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Studying at the Brisbane Campus
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- ongoing contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service and support of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- how the intended program of study would potentially benefit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- how the Scholarship could financially support the intended program of study
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Preference to students pursuing studies in Education or Nursing disciplines
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate, and recipients selected by the donor.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor each year, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.