Laurie Daniels Scholarship
Established in 2009 to commemorate the life of Mr Laurie Daniels, a founding member of the University Senate, an active supporter of ACU and a lifelong advocate of Catholic education.
One scholarship valued at $2,000 per annum is available each year, paid annually for the second and third year of the recipient's course.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Studying at the Canberra campus
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degrees)
- Full time students
- In the second year of their course
- Current GPA of at least 5.0 on the ACU seven point scale
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying
- community activities you have undertaken which are consistent with the ethos of Australian Catholic University
- Academic transcript
- Written reference (professional) outlining commitment to the nursing profession
- Evidence of your contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Written reference
- Community service
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017