Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship
The Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships (Indigenous-CAS) are intended to assist with accommodation costs.
The Indigenous-CAS is valued at $5,276 per year, paid as one instalment each semester for up to 8 semesters.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Enrolled, or about to commence study, in course as a Commonwealth supported student
- Enrolled full-time (exceptional circumstances may be considered for part-time study)
- Must not have completed the requirements of a course of study equivalent to, or higher than, an Australian bachelors award unless that award is a prerequisite to your current course of study
- Moved from a rural or regional area to undertake their chosen course of study
- Demonstrate financial hardship
- Rural or regional background
- The necessity to move from a rural or regional area to undertake their chosen course of study
- The incurring of additional accommodation costs as a result of the necessity to move
- ACU ‘internal’ student status.
For further details on the selection criteria visit UAC Equity Scholarships.
See also Selection and Conditions Policies for ACU Scholarships and Bursaries and Commonwealth Scholarships.
The recipients will be selected by the ACU Scholarships Office.
Recipients must continuing to meet the following requirements each semester:
- Satisfactory academic progress
- A full-time study load
- Financial hardship.
To apply, visit UAC Equity Scholarships.
Apply online now
Applications close on 2 March 2017