Gill Family Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship
Established in 2014, the Gill Family Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship reflects ACU's commitment to academic excellence in the undergraduate nursing and midwifery program. The Scholarship is designed to recognise high achievement and assist students financially in their final year of studies.
One scholarship valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Studying at the Melbourne or Ballarat campus
- Enrolled in a Nursing or midwifery degree
- Entering their final year of study
- Attained a GPA of 6.00 on the ACU seven point scale
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- future career aspirations
- Academic transcript (current course)
- Reference (academic)
- Evidence of your contribution to and/or leadership in community service and social justice
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Community service and social justice
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee comprised of the donor and a representative of the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Recipients are requested to submit a Letter of Appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.