Gill Family Bursary
Established in 2014, the Gill Family Bursary is intended to financially assist students from low socio–economic backgrounds.
One bursary valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This bursary is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Studying at the Melbourne or Ballarat campus
- Enrolled in a Nursing or Midwifery degree
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the Bursary could financially support you and your studies
- how your intended degree would potentially benefit future career aspirations
- Evidence of your contribution to community service and social justice
- Evidence of financial need
- Academic transcript (current)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and social justice
- Financial need
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee comprised of the donor and a representative of the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Recipients are requested to submit a Letter of Appreciation for the donor explaining how the Bursary has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017