Gill Family Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Bursary
Established in 2014, the Gill Family Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Bursary is intended to assist students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
One bursary valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This bursary is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Studying at the Melbourne or Ballarat campus
- Enrolled in a Nursing and/or Midwifery degree
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the Bursary could financially support your studies
- how your intended degree would potentially benefit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Evidence of your contribution to community service and social justice
- Evidence of financial need
- Academic Transcript (current)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and social justice
- Financial need
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee comprised of the donor, a representative of the School of Nursing and Midwifery, and a representative from the Jim–baa–yer Indigenous Higher Education Unit.
Recipients are requested to submit a Letter of Appreciation for the donor explaining how the Bursary has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.