George Alexander Foundation Bursaries
Established in 2007 by the George Alexander Foundation, founded by the late industrialist and philanthropist George Alexander AM, for the purpose of assisting students with expenses relating to the professional experience component of their course.
Ten bursaries valued at $2,500 are available, paid in one lump sum
This bursary is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Studying at the Ballarat campus
- Undertaking an Education or Nursing course.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the Bursary could financially support the applicant's intended placement (including factors such as additional travel and accommodation costs, and/or loss of income from part-time work).
- details of the applicant's intended placement (including the distance from the applicant's home and the duration of the placement).
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Bursary has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Preference will be given to applicants undertaking rural or regional placements.