Edmund Rice Education Australia & St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace - Student Leadership Scholarship
Established in 2014 by the senior students of St Joseph’s College, Gregory Terrace, to support students undertaking undergraduate studies at the Australian Catholic University, Brisbane campus, this scholarship has been created to develop a better world for all with a commitment to the common good.
The Edmund Rice Education Australia and St Joseph’s College, Gregory Terrace Student Leadership Scholarship aims to improve participation in higher education by students who have encountered physical, social or financial barriers to education.
One scholarship valued at $5,000 is available each year, paid in one instalment per semester during the student’s first year of study.
- Semester 1: $2,500
- Semester 2: $2,500
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Undergraduate students
- Studying at the Brisbane campus
- In the first year of their course
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 250 words outlining:
- How the intended program of study would potentially benefit the applicant’s personal and professional ambitions.
- How the scholarship could financially support the applicant’s intended program of study
- Evidence of the applicant’s contribution to and/or leadership in community service
- One written reference which supports the above. The reference must also include the title and/or position and contact details of the person providing the reference.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written reference
- Evidence of contribution to community service
- Preference will be given to applicants who are physically, socially, and/or economically disadvantaged, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, and students from rural and regional areas.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor or their nominated representative.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.