Edmund Rice Education Australia & St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace - Equity Scholarship
The Edmund Rice Education Australia and St Joseph’s College, Gregory Terrace Equity Scholarship aims to improve participation in higher education by students who have encountered physical, social or financial barriers to education.
One scholarship valued at $15,000 is available each year, paid as one instalment per semester for the duration of the course.
- $2,500 per semester is available for a three year program
- $1,875 per semester is available for a four year program
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens
- Undergraduate students
- Studying at the Brisbane campus
- In the first year of their course
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- Reason for applicant selecting the chosen course, along with long term career goals
- How the scholarship could financially support the applicants intended program of study
- How the scholarship could assist the applicant in making a contribution to their local/professional community
- Two written references which support the above statement. These references must be from two different sources. Written references must also include the title and/or position and contact details of the person providing the reference.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written references
- Preference will be given to applicants who are physically, socially, and/or economically disadvantaged, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, and students from rural and regional areas
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor or their nominated representative.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor each year, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October each year.