Catherine McAuley Scholarship
This is an endowed scholarship established in 2006 by the Sisters of Mercy in Queensland to honour Sister Catherine McAuley, founder of the Sisters of Mercy, and in recognition of the predecessor college McAuley College.
Two scholarships valued at $2,500 per annum are available each year. The Scholarship is paid annually for the duration of the recipient's course.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate (except Bachelor of Theology students)
- Studying at the Brisbane campus
- Are in the first year of their course.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 100 words outlining how the Scholarship could financially support the applicant's intended program of study
- Evidence of the applicant's involvement and/or leadership in community service through activities designed to create a more just, merciful and sustainable world
- Two written references which address the above criteria
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Evidence of contribution to community service
- Written references
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor each year, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Preference will be given to applicants who are socially and economically disadvantaged, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and students from rural and regional areas.
Apply online now
Applications close on 8 January 2017