Calvary John James Hospital Excellence in Nursing/Paramedicine Scholarships
Calvary John James Hospital is the largest private hospital in the ACT, located in the prestigious suburb of Deakin. The hospital comprises acute and medical services to a regional population of 518,000. Calvary John James provides the only private maternity unit on the south side of Canberra with a special care nursery. It also has the only purpose built private rehabilitation unit with hydrotherapy pool in Canberra. The hospital is a Catholic facility and is in the Tradition of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary.
The Scholarship was established in 2015 by Calvary with a vision to encourage students to pursue their passion in Health Care. The Scholarship will support fresh school leavers to study Nursing/Paramedicine at ACU’s Canberra campus.
Four scholarships valued at $2,500 each, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Studying at the Canberra campus
- Enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degree)
- In the first year of their course.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200-400 words outlining:
- how the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying
- any community activities you have undertaken which demonstrate your commitment to the Mission and values of ACU.
- Evidence of ATAR ranking, previous university results, or equivalent;
- Written reference (academic) which addresses the selection criteria;
- Written reference (community service) which addresses the selection criteria.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Community service
- Written references
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Bursary has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October.
Two scholarships are available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing and two scholarships are available to students enrolled in the dual degree Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine.