Archdiocese of Brisbane Theology Scholarship
Established in 1997 by the Archdiocese of Brisbane to provide support and encouragement for postgraduate study in theology.
Two scholarships valued at $2,500 are available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Postgraduate coursework students
- Studying at the Brisbane campus
- Enrolled in the School of Theology
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how postgraduate study in theology will further the applicant's contribution to the community; and
- how the Scholarship could financially support the applicant's intended program of study.
- Academic transcript
- Written reference (academic)
- Evidence of residence within the Archdiocese of Brisbane
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Written reference
- Evidence of residency
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.