Aquinas Campus Leaders Scholarship
Established in 2017 by the ACU Aquinas Campus Dean, Associate Professor Joe Fleming, to recognise students’ community service and leadership in service of the Aquinas Campus.
One scholarship valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Undergraduate students
- Studying at the Ballarat campus
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- the intended program of study would potentially benefit your personal and professional ambitions
- the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying
- Evidence of your contribution to and/or leadership of Ballarat campus activities or support of fellow Ballarat campus students
- One written reference which supports the above. The reference must also include the title and/or position and contact details of the person providing the reference.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Evidence of community service
- Written reference
- Preference will be given to applicants who are physically, socially, and/or economically disadvantaged; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students; and students from rural and regional areas.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office, and the recipient will be determined by a selection committee. The committee will be comprised of the Campus Dean, ACU Aquinas Campus and the relevant Heads of School or nominees.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.