Anne Lyons Memorial Travel Scholarship (Postgraduate)
Established in 1994 as a tangible memorial to the life and contribution of Anne Lyons (nee Byrne), a scholar, wife and teacher who died of cancer in 1987 at the age of 42 and whose prevailing passion was the study and pursuit of social justice in Australia.
The Scholarship is intended to financially assist students to travel overseas in order to carry out research into an area of social justice.
One scholarship valued at up to $6,000 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Postgraduate coursework students
- In their final year of study
- Plan to undertake overseas study in an area of social justice:
- For domestic students – 6 months overseas
- For international students – 6 months at one of ACU’s Australian campuses returning to their home country at completion of the six months study.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- Evidence of overseas enrolment or offer
- Budget estimate outlining all expenses relating to overseas study
- Academic transcript
- Written reference (academic)
- Written reference (personal)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Budget estimate
- Academic merit
- Written references
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.