About this scholarship
Established in 1994 as a tangible memorial to the life and contribution of Anne Lyons (nee Byrne), a scholar, wife and teacher who died of cancer in 1987 at the age of 42 and whose prevailing passion was the study and pursuit of social justice in Australia.
The Scholarship is intended to financially assist students to travel overseas in order to carry out research into an area of social justice
Open: 29 May 2017
Close: 4 August 2017
One scholarship valued at up to $6,000 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Postgraduate coursework degree
- In their final year of study
- Plan to undertake overseas study in an area of social justice:
- For domestic students – 6 months overseas
- For international students – 6 months at one of ACU’s Australian campuses returning to their home country at completion of the six months study.
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Budget estimate outlining all expenses relating to overseas study
- Written reference (academic)
- Written reference (personal)
- Evidence of overseas enrolment or offer
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Budget estimate
- Written references
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2017.
Apply online now
Applications close on 4 August 2017
Page last updated: 2017-05-25
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/338209