Andrew Aitken Memorial Nursing Scholarship
In memory of Andrew who through his life, work and studies, reminded us of the importance of commitment, compassion, and lending a helping hand. Andrew had a passion for life and everything it had to offer. He shared this passion with those around him and spent many hours encouraging his fellow ACU students to do their best. Andrew’s first love was flying but he showed a deep commitment to the field of nursing, where he knew he could make a difference to the lives of others.
One scholarship with a total value of $3,000. An annual payment of $1,000 will be paid over the duration of the recipient’s course, for a maximum of three years.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens and permanent residents
- Studying at the Brisbane campus
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing
- In the first year of their course
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how your studies will potentially benefit the community
- reasons for selecting your chosen course along with long term career goals
- Evidence of special needs or disadvantage due to disability or chronic medical condition, geographic location or financial, social or cultural factors.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Special needs or disadvantage
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor or their nominated representative.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.