Albert Coates/Australian Legion of Ex Servicemen and Women Scholarship
Established in 2015 by the Albert Coates Memorial Trust, the Scholarship is intended to assist second year students with course related costs, including the expense of undertaking regional placement.
One scholarship valued at $2,500, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate students
- Full-time students
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Nursing/Paramedicine
- In the second year of their course
- Studying at the Ballarat campus
- Personal or family involvement with Australian Armed Services
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- your commitment to the Mission and values of ACU
- your commitment to community engagement in your local area
- financial need and how the Scholarship would financially support you whilst continuing your education
- your achievement of academic excellence whilst overcoming challenging circumstances
- details of personal or family involvement with the Australian Armed Services
- Written reference that addresses the above criteria
- Academic transcript (current)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written reference
- Academic merit
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee consisting of a representative from The Albert Coates Memorial Trust, the Campus Dean (or nominee) and the relevant Head/s of School (or nominee).
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation to the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Recipients will also be required to attend the Albert Coates Memorial Trust Oration, likely to be in October of each year.
Preference will be given to students from rural or regional areas.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017