ACU Law - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Equity Scholarship
Established in 2013, the ACU Law - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Equity Scholarship is intended to assist students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
Two scholarships valued at $5,000 each are available, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Enrolled in an ACU Law degree.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- why you are undertaking an ACU law degree
- how the Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying.
- Evidence of your contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service and social justice which demonstrates your commitment to the ethos and Mission of ACU.
- Two written references (religious, community engagement, professional, or personal).
Applications are assessed on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Community service
- Written references
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office, in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate.
One scholarship is available to students from the North Sydney and/or Strathfield campuses and one scholarship is available to students from the Melbourne campus.
Students are only eligible to receive the Scholarship once during their studies at ACU.