ACU Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship
The ACU Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship was established in 2016 to enable a postgraduate theology student with a demonstrated ongoing interest in liturgical studies and/or sacramental theology to study one 600-level unit in liturgy or sacraments at ACU.
One scholarship awarded as a tuition fee waiver equivalent to the current tuition fee for one 600-level unit of study at ACU.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- Enrolled in a Masters program in Theology
- Current GPA of at least 5.0.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- your demonstrated ongoing interest in liturgical studies or sacramental theology
- previous or current engagement in liturgical/sacramental ministry or formation activities in your local parish or school community and your intended ongoing engagement in such activities
- details of previous study in liturgy or sacramental theology and/or intended future study in these discipline areas; and
- how this Scholarship could financially support you whilst studying.
- Academic transcript
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee comprised of the Director of the ACU Centre for Liturgy and a member of the ACU Centre for Liturgy Board of Advisers.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the Director of the ACU Centre for Liturgy explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.