Emergency Nursing Advocacy Bursary
The Emergency Nursing staff of St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne have raised funds over the years to establish this bursary to support socially and economically disadvantaged students who aspire to join the nursing profession. Established in 2014 this bursary offers students the opportunity to be supported whilst studying Nursing at ACU and the opportunity to interview for a graduate year at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
One bursary valued at $2,500 is available, paid in one lump sum.
This bursary is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate students
- Studying at the Melbourne campus
- Undertaking a nursing or midwifery degree.
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- your commitment to nursing and healthcare;
- personal career aspirations;
- special need or disadvantage due to socio-economic circumstances or non-English speaking background;
- how the Bursary could financially support your studies;
- Written reference which addresses the above criteria.
Applicants are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written reference
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarship Office and recipients selected by the donor.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
The selected recipient will be given an opportunity to attend an interview for a place at St Vincent’s Hospital for their graduate year.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Preference will be given to applicants who have undertaken the Rotary Next Step Program.