About this scholarship
Established in 2008 by Mr John Mitchell in memory of his late wife Sue who passed away after a brave battle with cancer. John and Sue are both descendants of distinguished Snowy Mountains’ families and are long-term residents of the region. Sue trained and worked as a nurse in the region around Corryong, Victoria.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $1,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
Commencing and Current
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degree)
- Campus: Canberra
- Year level: first, second or third year
- From rural or regional areas
- Financial disadvantage
- Contribution to, and/or leadership in, his/her commitment to the ethos of ACU through community service
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- Tell us about the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change your future.
- How do you engage with your community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- Evidence of ATAR ranking or equivalent (first year students) or academic transcript (second and third year students)
- Evidence of geographic disadvantage
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
- Evidence of the applicant's contribution to, and/or leadership in, his/her commitment to the ethos of ACU through community service
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Academic merit
- Financial and geographic disadvantage
- Community service
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-11-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/352420