About this scholarship
Established in 1995 by public appeal in memory of the late Philip Malouf who was a prominent and highly respected lawyer and businessman who passed away in 1993. The fund was initiated by his son Craig. The Philip Malouf Perpetual Scholarship Fund has been established to enable students to enrich their studies by a travel grant for the purpose of overseas professional experience.
Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
There is one scholarship available.
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Target group: students doing a professional experience unit
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: 2nd year or above
- Planning to complete an overseas professional experience unit (not for the purpose of credit)
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 100 words outlining:
- Why are you planning to undertake this travel/placement and what do you hope to gain from it?
- How will obtaining your degree allow you to give back to your community?
- a budget estimate outlining airfares and accommodation expenses.
- Written reference (academic) which addresses the above criteria
- Written reference (personal)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Written statement
- Written references
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a 200 word report, which may include photographs, explaining how the funds have assisted them in pursuing their studies. The report should be submitted to the Scholarships Office within two months of their return.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor, Mr Malouf, explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
The professional experience will not be for purposes of study for credit towards the applicant's course but may include:
- volunteer activities relevant to the planned professional career
- attendance at professional conferences
- other appropriate professional experience
The duration of the professional experience will typically be a minimum period of a week to one month. The professional experience must be completed within one year of receipt of the Scholarship.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-09-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/338318