About this scholarship
Established in 2008, this award commemorates Professor Peter W. Sheehan AO, Vice-Chancellor of ACU from 1998 to 2008 and his roles as former President of the Australian Psychological Society, the International Congress of Psychology and the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia. He was also made an Officer in the General Division of the Order of Australia in 1995 and received the Centenary Medal in 2003 for his contributions to Australian Society.
This award honours Professor Peter W. Sheehan's deep commitment to the University and his professional commitment to the Psychology profession.
Professor Peter W. Sheehan has demonstrated much passion about the power of education, research and psychology to improve the lives of individuals and change society for the better. He devoted significant time at ACU, encouraging students and colleagues to recognise and develop their strengths and harness their skills and experience to work for social justice and the common good.
$1,000 is available, to be paid in one lump sum.
There is one scholarship available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Undertaking the Bachelor of Psychological Science or Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- Campus: Any
- Year level: In the third year of their course (or part-time equivalent)
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 100 words outlining the applicant's contribution (consistent with the University Mission) to the University or wider community
- Written reference which addresses the above criteria
- Academic transcript
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written references
- Academic merit (completed 50 credit points in Psychology units from the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited sequence)
The recipients will be selected by the Executive Dean Faculty of Health Sciences (or nominee), Head of School Psychology, and other representatives as deemed appropriate.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Applications are closed
Page last updated: 2017-07-20
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/381893