About this scholarship
Established by the Presentation Sisters, Queensland Congregation, to commemorate and honour the work of their founder Nano Nagle. Members of the Order have become aware of the injustices perpetrated against the traditional owners of the land and therefore have begun to be involved in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation process and to appreciate, and learn from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander spirituality, culture and history. The specific goal of these scholarships is to encourage the development of leadership skills of emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders through professional preparation during their studies.
Open: Friday 21 July 2017
Close: Monday 5 March 2018
The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in instalments of $2,500 per semester for the duration of your course.
There is one scholarship available.
Commencing and Current
- Citizenship: Australian citizens
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Faculty: any
- Course: any
- Campus: Brisbane
- Year level: any
- ongoing contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service and support of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Preference to students pursuing studies in Education or Nursing disciplines
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree? And what do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- How do you engage with the Indigenous community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- How will obtaining your degree allow you to give back to the Indigenous community?
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate, and recipients selected by the donor.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor each year, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-07-21
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/338310