About this scholarship
Established in 2014 by local North Sydney resident Mary Curran this Scholarship supports ACU nursing students in their second or third year of study who undertake a placement at a local hospital. Mary was attended by graduate ACU nurses in 2013 while in a coma for months after having a serious heart infection. Mary has a passion for animals, in particular her cat Cicero.
Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
There is one scholarship available.
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing
- Campus: North Sydney
- Year level: second or third year
- Required study load:full-time
- Minimum GPA:current GPA of 5.0 on the ACU seven point scale or above
- A deep interest in animals
- Enrolled in, or have completed, a practical experience unit during second or third year of the course
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree? And what do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Tell us about your interest in animals?
- Evidence of placement allocation/location
- Academic transcript
- Written reference (professional)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Evidence of placement
- Academic merit
- Written reference
Preference will be given to students who have completed placement at Royal North Shore Hospital or North Shore Private Hospital.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and recipients selected by the donor.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-07-21
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/675645