About this scholarship
Blessed Edmund Ignatius Rice was a Roman Catholic missionary and educationalist. Edmund was the founder of two religious institutes of religious brothers: the Congregation of Christian Brothers and the Presentation Brothers. Edmund spent much time working to help many people who suffered poverty and injustice. He recognised that education was the means to break the cycle of poverty and to teach all children the love of God.
As a dedication, to continue the vision and legacy of Edmund Rice and the Christian Brothers, a fundraising campaign was initiated in 2011 by Br Dan Stewart and as a result a scholarship in perpetuity was established.
Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
The scholarship is valued at $6,750, to be paid as one $2,250 instalment per annum for a maximum of three years.
There is one scholarship available.
Commencing and Current
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Education
- Course: any undergraduate degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: any
- Required study load: full time
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- Demonstrated participation in community service and/or social justice
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of 300 words outlining:
- how your financial hardship has impacted on your ability to study, and any other barriers you have faced in pursuing your education
- how the Scholarship will assist you to contribute to your local/professional community in accordance with the spirit of Edmund Rice
- commitment to the Mission and Values of ACU
- Evidence of your contribution to community service and social justice
- Evidence of your financial need
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Evidence of contribution to community service
- Commitment to the ACU Mission and Values
- Financial need
Recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Successful applicants must maintain full-time enrolment in the initial course of study.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarship Office no later than 1 October 2017.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018
Page last updated: 2017-07-21
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1137174