About this scholarship
Calvary John James Hospital is the largest private hospital in the ACT, located in the prestigious suburb of Deakin. The hospital comprises acute and medical services to a regional population of 518,000. Calvary John James provides the only private maternity unit on the south side of Canberra with a special care nursery. It also has the only purpose built private rehabilitation unit with hydrotherapy pool in Canberra. The hospital is a Catholic facility and is in the Tradition of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary.
The Scholarship was established in 2015 by Calvary with a vision to encourage students to pursue their passion in Health Care. The Scholarship will support fresh school leavers to study Nursing/Paramedicine at ACU's Canberra campus.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Sunday, 3 December 2017
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There are four scholarships available.
- Two scholarships are available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing and two scholarships are available to students enrolled in the dual degree Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine.
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Campus: Canberra
- Year level: First year
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 200-400 words outlining:
- How do you engage with your (local) community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- Evidence of ATAR ranking, previous university results, or equivalent;
- Written reference (academic) which addresses the selection criteria;
- Written reference (community service) which addresses the selection criteria.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement.
- Academic merit.
- Community service.
- Written references.
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Apply online now
Applications close on 3 December 2017
Page last updated: 2017-11-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/757141