About this scholarship
Established by Dr Robert and Mrs Margaret Frater to recognise and reward those teachers within Catholic primary schools who display leadership qualities and commitment, and who will contribute to the continuing development and enhancement of the school system, through participation in an international experience.
Open: 29 May 2017
Close: 04 August 2017
One scholarship valued at up to $10,000 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Current postgraduate students, or alumni who have completed their postgraduate studies at ACU (including predecessor colleges)
- Working in the teaching profession in a New South Wales or Australian Capital Territory Catholic primary school
- Early career teacher or a teacher returning to career after a break.
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Current resumé, including outline of teaching experience
- A written statement of 1,500 words outlining:
- professional development activity (ie conference or other activity) for which the applicant seeks support
- commitment to using your qualification to work for the betterment of the educational community
- plan for sharing their learning's.
- Budget outline of estimated expenses relating to the applicant's chosen conference or activity
- Written reference (School Principal)
- Written reference (personal)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written references
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the Selection Committee consisting of a representative of the Frater family, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching), the Head, School of Educational Leadership (or nominee) and a representative from the Catholic Education Offices in New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2017.
Apply online now
Applications close on 4 August 2017
Page last updated: 2017-07-21
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/338229