St Vincent's Private Hospital Melbourne Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing Scholarship
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne has been providing compassionate health care for more than 75 years. This Scholarship was established in 2010 to create opportunities for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students studying at the Melbourne or Ballarat campus to pursue studies in nursing. Recipients are given the opportunity to complete their graduate year at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne.
- $2,500 per semester for a three year program
- $1,875 per semester for a four year program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Studying at the Melbourne or Ballarat campus
- Undertaking the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Midwifery or Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Successfully completed a previous placement
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- commitment to the nursing and/or midwifery and/or paramedic profession and Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander healthcare overall;
- leadership experience, community and family service activities;
- personal career aspirations; and how the Scholarship could financially support the applicant's program of study
- Evidence of academic merit
- One clinical placement appraisal from a successfully completed placement
- One written reference which addresses the above selection criteria.
- Written statement
- Written reference
- Academic merit
- Clinical placement appraisal
The selection will be made by a committee comprising a representative of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine - VIC, the Coordinator of Jim-Baa-yer Indigenous Unit and Director, HR and Workforce, St Vincent’s Private Melbourne (or nominee).
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with the committee.
- An interview with the selected recipient will be necessary before acceptance into the graduate year at St Vincent’s Private Hospital.
- Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017