Sister Assumption Neary Bursary
Established in 2000 by St John of God Health Care (Ballarat) to celebrate the contribution of Sister Assumption Neary who, in various roles, has provided health care in the Ballarat community since 1959.
One bursary valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This bursary is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Studying at the Ballarat campus
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing (including dual degrees)
- In the first year of their course
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- special need or disadvantage;
- how the Bursary could financially support you while studying.
- Evidence of special need or disadvantage due to disability, non-English speaking background, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background, or a rural or regional background (normal place of residence being more than 150 km from Ballarat).
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Special need or disadvantage.
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor and a representative of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine, Ballarat Campus.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Bursary has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 8 January 2017